Exotic pets are more popular than ever before, so make sure you are ready to care for everything from rats to songbirds with Exotic Animal Medicine: A Quick Reference Guide, 2nd Edition. Expanded with three all new chapters and updated content, this new edition provides the key points on differential diagnoses and diagnostics, along with background information on a wide variety of exotic pets, to veterinary practitioners who may or may not have experience treating them. Its practical quick-reference outline format makes it easy for you to see the conditions likely to be encountered within a species; develop a potential differential diagnosis list quickly; initiate an investigational plan; and view treatment regimens.
- Covers the most commonly encountered exotic species in one text , making it a succinct and practical clinician’s guide to diagnosing and treating a wide variety of exotic pets.
- Expert advice on diagnostic approaches, clinical techniques, anesthetic protocols, and treatment regimens offers an invaluable source of useful clinically applicable material.
- Organization of chapters by species and clinical signs enables you to access information easily and efficiently.
- User-friendly outline format allows the guide to act as a quick reference in the clinical setting.
- NEW! All new chapters on marmosets and tamarins, hedgehogs, and sugar gliders provide up-to-date coverage of exotic species you may encounter in the clinic.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated and expanded coverage of exotic species and the problems that may plague them helps you develop a potential differential diagnosis list quickly and seek appropriate care for exotic animals, such as: ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, pet rats, hamsters and other small rodents; parrots, budgerigars and related species, canaries, finches, toucans; lizards, snakes, tortoises and turtles, frogs, salamanders; pond fish, tropical freshwater fish and tropical marine fish.
Amazon.com Price: $74.93 (as of 20/06/2021 08:35 PST- Details) & FREE Shipping. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.